Technical Sales Engineer
At Tenaris, you will join a global network of professionals working together toward a common goal: shape the future of energy through advanced tubular products and services.
We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. If you want to become part of a diverse team that values results, well-beings, analytical approach to problem solving and teamwork, Tenaris is the place for you.
The Global Trainee Program is an intensive two-year program (full-time) that supports development of promising professionals with the potential to become future leaders in Tenaris.
A Global Trainee will build expertise, engage with colleagues around the world, and demonstrate performance while learning about Tenaris’ culture and industrial heritage leaving them prepared to take the next steps in their career.
Provides assistance and cooperates in the delivery of specialized technical support in topics related to well design engineering, construction, material selection as well as general mechanical solutions.
Defines Tenaris products and discovers those needed for the future, applying products into new applications and technically proving Tenaris value. Sells Tenaris products and services through engineered, value-based solutions.
Collaborates in the engineering and design of standard well construction (excluding extreme high pressure, high temperature, deep water, sour gas wells environments).
- Builds high quality, lasting technical relationship, guided by a strong understanding of customer and market situations.
- Discovers opportunities, adds value to customer operations, and proves differentiation. Uses technical knowledge to aid in the development and deployment of value-adding services (e.g. digital solutions, new products) with a proactive approach.
- Supports team and customers in the well construction process, taking into account the purpose of the well and downhole conditions, among other aspects, for casing and tubing string design, material selection, torque drag and fatigue assessments, and potential root cause analyses.
- Collaborates on a variety of engineering, research, and development projects on physical and digital tools applicable to different sectors of the oil and gas and geothermal industries, contributing in the delivery of innovative technical solutions to energy providers worldwide.
- Provides assistance in the preparation and delivery of training material.
- Complies with Tenaris policies, procedures and management standards, and ensures adherence with all laws and regulations that apply to the area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum, Chemical, and Mechanical Engineering or degrees with comparable curriculum
- Familiarity with coding, data processing and visualization tools that can aid in process automation and the exploration of large datasets to extract key knowledge.
- Knowledge of well construction and engineering design software is a plus.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Analytical mindset, innovative thinker and problem solver
- Good verbal and writing communication skills; Ability to work with all levels of the organization and high level of interpersonal skills in managing internal and external relationships
- Takes initiative and able to work independently when necessary