Engineering Geologist (JC-280483)
To be considered for this position, you must apply at CalCareers.ca.gov. To apply you must first, create a CalCareers account. Once your account is created you can search 280483 to locate the job posting and apply. Note: This position will no longer be available on CalCareers after the job closes on 8/16/2022. No applications will be accepted after the job closing date.
Positions at the Water Boards may be eligible for telework with in-person attendance based on the operational needs of the position. Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, applying electronically is highly encouraged.
Are you looking for an exciting and fulfilling career in San Luis Obispo, CA? The Central Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board has an opening for an Engineering Geologist in the Irrigated Lands Program. Join the Central Coast Water Board and help protect, preserve, and enhance the Central Coast’s groundwater and surface water bodies. The position addresses the impacts to these waters from activities associated with irrigated agriculture.
Desirable qualifications include the following:
- Extensive knowledge in hydrogeology and hydrology, engineering geology, and/or water resources management;
- Experience working in groundwater (or surface water) monitoring and contaminant fate and transport;
- Education and experience conducting water quality-related site investigations;
- Knowledge of and/or experience with various water regulations with an emphasis on regulation of irrigated agriculture;
- Experience working with GIS software;
- Knowledge and ability to use computer applications (such as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Power BI) and data science languages (such as R, Python) to analyze and present water quality data and produce assessment reports and recommendations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience interacting and coordinating with a variety of stakeholders;
- Ability to organize and set priorities for assignments and adapt priorities in response to new information easily and quickly to meet deadlines;
- A California Professional Geologist license.
Candidates must possess essential personal qualifications including integrity, initiative, dependability, good judgment, the ability to work cooperatively with others, and the ability to perform the assigned duties of the class.
If the position requires driving, you must possess a current and valid driver’s license. Please Do Not include full Social Security Number, method of eligibility, and LEAP information in your application package.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
To learn more about this position and how to apply, please visit CalCareers.