Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Analyst for our Construction Consulting Practice in Oakland, CA. In this role, you will work as part of a team to assist senior staff with scheduling, cost forecasting, project controls, reporting and related construction consulting services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing initial schedule review for data quality and schedule integrity
- Creating and updating schedules for multiple projects
- Resource- and cost-loading schedules
- Performing basic scenario planning
- Assisting with cost forecasting
- Performing variance analysis and reporting
- Project Controls
- Maintaining project management plan
- Supporting project teams by evaluating and monitoring schedule and cost performance
- Assisting with identifying possible risks and areas of concerns on projects and preparing watchlists
- Maintaining project risk register
- Maintaining project meeting minutes and action items log
- Performing preliminary data processing and data analytics
- Assisting with production and updating of project dashboards, reports and data management tools
- Drafting cost and schedule reports for internal communication of project status
- Claims & Disputes
- Performing basic document review and document control
- Performing preliminary schedule review and assessment
- Assisting with creating graphics and presentations to summarize observations or findings
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a STEM degree
- 0 - 1 year of experience including internship experience in construction related fields including general contracting, construction project management or project controls
- Ability to work in teams with a strong desire to contribute
- Ability to interact effectively with both internal and external clients
- Proactive and self-driven to resolve hurdles
- Close attention to detail, thorough in execution of tasks, and timely in task completions
- Strong analytical thinking and data organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of common construction related software including Primavera P6 and Microsoft Office tools
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.