Entrepreneurial Finance Co-Op
About Phoenix Tailings
Each year the mining industry discards over 200 billion tons of waste (tailings) and produces more than 7% of the world’s carbon emissions. Phoenix Tailings is on a mission to be the world’s first clean mining and metals production company. By eliminating this harmful waste from the environment, we can sustainably create valuable new materials.
We started with the humble beginnings of a few friends in a backyard, thinking of how they can fix this broken system of metals production. Now, Phoenix Tailings has become one of the top sustainability startups in the world. A Techstars Boston 2020 company with funding from the US Department of Energy and National Science Foundation, Phoenix has demonstrated early success in our clean mining mission.
We still have a long way to go to achieve this mission. However, it’s our belief that together, the right people can overcome any obstacle and change the world.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
Our Values: Ask us about them!
- You are only crazy if you are wrong
- It’s ok to be wrong
- Lead with Compassion
- Be Resourceful
What we do
At Phoenix, we build novel chemical processing techniques and technologies that are at the forefront of extracting critical materials that were previously trapped in tailings, solving the waste remediation process of the mining industry, and revolutionizing the mining industry with our zero waste mining solutions.
Learn More: Here
Who we are looking for:
Phoenix Tailings is looking for a rockstar co-op to join our team in Woburn. Reporting to the COO & Co-Founder of Phoenix, the Entrepreneurial Finance Co-op will be a critical member supporting the financial operations of the startup. They will have a fully immersive experience of what it is like to build an enterprise from the ground up. By the end of the internship, the student will have all of the knowledge they need to launch their own endeavor or with Phoenix and will have played a key in pursuing our vision of a Zero Waste World.
Even though this role reports to the CEO, you will be a trusted resource for all team members.
What you will do:
- Support the financial management, analysis, reporting, and forecasting for Phoenix Tailings as well as strategize ways to improve the financial performance of the company.
- Develop financial modeling, reporting, budgeting, and organizational planning. You will work with the executive team to identify areas of strategic opportunity and improvement
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Board and executive team, including supporting analysis to contextualize performance
- Perform an economic analysis of technical functions and profitability of operations
- Support fundraising initiatives including debt, equity, and non-dilutive grant processes
What you have:
- Pursuing finance, economics, or similar degree
- Have excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Highly motivated to succeed and have a strong work ethic to back it up
- Excited to take the initiative and find new opportunities for the business
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Excel within a team environment and motivate others around them
- Ability to quickly understand complex ideas and extract relevant information from technical sources
- Honestly - if you are a hustler, and willing to take feedback quickly, learn and work hard, you will do excellent here
At Phoenix Tailings we have an open culture that values learning and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining. We offer an attractive compensation package with benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and an unlimited vacation policy. This is an opportunity to work in an innovative, fun, and fast-paced environment focused on revolutionizing how the world’s primary resources are created.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information or any other applicable protected characteristics and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).