Consultant - Aviation Noise
HMMH is a trusted leader in the study, assessment, and mitigation of the impacts of new and existing transportation projects on communities. We provide consulting services to government and private sector clients related to aviation, highway, rail, transit, industrial, construction, military, recreational, and entertainment projects.
We have an immediate opening for a Consultant in our Federal Programs group in a hybrid position in Burlington, MA, or Anaheim, CA.
This position may focus on supporting analysis of effects arising from such changes as modifications to published Instrument Flight Procedures (IFPs), air traffic facility sectors/Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)/Letters of Agreement (LOAs), and removal of airspace from the public domain (e.g., establishment of Special Use Airspace(SUA)). Other analyses performed may include impacts to the noise setting round an airport, changes in noise underlying military training airspace, vibration, and air quality. Common activities may include analyzing aircraft flight track databases to support environmental effect modeling; conducting-field measurements of aircraft-based noise and vibration; developing alternative flight procedures to minimize aircraft noise; and developing models for analysis on noise, vibration and air quality impacts. You will help develop documentation and presentations of model inputs, evaluate results, and conduct statistical analysis on transportation operations as well as land use. Occasional support to our other modal clients (e.g., highway, rail, industrial, and recreational uses) may be required.
- Use your quantitative data analysis skills to evaluate noise, vibration, and air quality impacts
- Participate in noise and vibration measurement trips
- Write technical memos and reports
- Report results for general public comprehension and participate in public workshops or community meetings
- Actively communicate with project team members as well as clients to contribute towards delivering high quality technical solutions and documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in environmental sciences, sustainability, engineering, mathematics, data science, meteorology, biology, or other related technical fields
- 0-5 years of relevant experience
- Creative thinker and strong writer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible – a collaborative team player but comfortable working independently as well
- Solid PowerPoint and Excel skills (knowledge of Tableau or similar program is a bonus)
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in research
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- FAA Airman (Private Pilot or higher), Air Traffic Controller, or Dispatcher certification
- Experience in data management, GIS mapping, and/or programing
- Experience in air quality, vibration, airspace, and/or noise analysis
- Interest in work-travel: airspace and flight procedure working groups as well as field measurement trips and public meetings/workshops
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Interest in transportation, aviation, environmental issues, acoustics, and/or emissions a plus
- Burlington, MA
- Anaheim, CA
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm offers opportunities for professional development and career growth for dedicated and strong performers. We are a Great Place to Work certified firm, demonstrating our commitment to creating an environment where employees take pride in their work, trust and respect their colleagues, and develop a strong camaraderie across the organization.
HMMH is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. HMMH is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact HR Generalist Jason Rega at 781-852-3103 or jrega @ hmmh.com.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following:
- “EEO is the Law” Poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
- “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf