Billing Specialist I
POSITION BRIEF: Individual reports to the Billing Supervisor and is responsible for reviewing documents used to prepare customer billing, filing and distribution of documents.
- Gather and review information used to prepare daily customer invoices. Upload through OpenInvoice and other customer invoicing systems.
- Prepare daily invoices for distribution via mail, e-mail and scanning.
- Verify accuracy of invoices against sales orders/customer agreements and shipping documentation and update as needed.
- Once the review has been made, remove the invoicing hold and release the order to the invoicing system.
- Follow up as needed to obtain missing information or paperwork required to complete invoicing.
- Review and approval of credit memos and supporting documentation.
- Research files to verify information or clear up problems as requested.
- Review and close completed files.
- Direct customer invoice disputes to appropriate Billing Specialist handling their account.
- Provide backup for front desk and file room as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous accounting and/or billing experience
- Good organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- College Accounting courses
- Knowledge of oilfield tubular terminology
- Experience with Oracle