Application Engineer Physical Properties
Would you like to make a difference at a fast-growing high-tech company that has opened 3 new USA offices in the past 4 years? If so, then let's talk about the Product Specialist position at Anton Paar USA.
We are Anton Paar's highly diverse sales and service organization for the US, and Caribbean, headquartered in Ashland, Virginia, with offices in Los Angeles, Houston and Chicago. Anton Paar's high-precision instruments help our customers develop every-day products from your shampoo to your shoes, your lunch and favorite beverages, your computer and medication, jet engines, batteries and the pavement on which you commute every day. We help Fortune 500 companies of almost every industry sector, start-ups, and leading universities conduct their research and quality control.
Owned by the charitable Santner Foundation, our investment into R&D is unmatched and leads to industry-leading products. We maintain fiscal stability and independence so we can handle today's and tomorrow's challenges, and aim to provide meaningful, long-term workplaces for all employees. Anton Paar is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and operates worldwide.
As Applications Engineer, you are responsible for supporting sales of Anton Paar's line of instruments for concentration and physical property measurements and providing after-sales support to existing customers. The starting base salary for this position is $65,000/y. The position is located in Torrance, CA. Anton Paar USA offers full benefits, profit sharing bonuses, and a $10,000 anniversary bonus every five years.
- Conducting, evaluating and presenting feasibility studies (sample measurements).
- Installations, training and technical support.
- Maintenance and repairs of existing installations.
Skills and qualifications you will need:
- 2+ years of experience, preferably with density, refractometry, and petroleum-related test methods.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in a natural sciences or engineering,
- Availability for frequent overnight travel (up to 50%).
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record and passport.
Life at Anton Paar is more than just work, with an employee-led In Motion Program organizing active social events during and outside of working hours. We also offer unique and rewarding positions with competitive salaries, an award-winning benefits package, and opportunities for professional growth. We provide a drug free workplace and require pre-employment drug tests.
Anton Paar USA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
This position is not eligible for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship
Females/Minorities/Disabled/Veterans are welcome