2022-2023: Land Full Time
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. We believe affordable, reliable and ever-cleaner energy is essential to achieving a more prosperous and sustainable world. Chevron produces crude oil and natural gas; manufactures transportation fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals, and additives; and develops technologies that enhance our business and the industry. To advance a lower-carbon future, we are focused on cost efficiently lowering our carbon intensity, increasing renewables and offsets in support of our business and investing in low-carbon technologies that enable commercial solutions. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
As Land Representatives, you will help our stakeholders make informed, strategic business decisions by:
- Negotiating and drafting with partners and landowners’ various agreements related to oil and gas exploration and production.
- Performing title work on exploratory, development, workover and plug and abandonment wells.
- Providing Land support to multidisciplinary teams to help stakeholders make informed, strategic business decisions on agreements and land ownership issues.
- Interacting with federal and state agencies on oil and gas regulatory issues.
- Managing surface land issues such as access, water, and fencing; ensure compliance with Government requirements for surface and settle damage claims.
- Establish effective relationships with third parties.
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- Negotiation ability and persuasiveness: Use appropriate interpersonal skills and communication methods to establish effective relationships with third parties, such as various government agencies, landowners, and partner companies’ land professionals. Obtain leases and other agreements from these third parties.
- Planning and organizing: Establish courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Teamwork: Operate in a team environment and participate in cross-functional teams to solve business problems.
- Communication: Express thoughts effectively, both verbally and in writing; two-way communication.
- Contract interpretation/drafting/problem solving: Review contracts submitted by third parties and identify what is acceptable or unacceptable to Chevron. Draft contracts to effectively accomplish business objectives that are acceptable to third parties. Review complicated title opinions and chain of title documents and determine required actions.
Job Locations: Houston, TX; Covington, LA; Bakersfield, CA; Midland, TX; Denver, Colorado; Greeley, Colorado
Degrees: M.B.A, MS, MBA, JD (2L) and B.B.A.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.