Network System Engineer II
LCRA owns and operates a large private telecommunications system in the State of Texas supporting its long-term business operations and customers’ requirements, electrifying Texas, taming the Colorado River, and bringing Broadband Internet to rural Texas. We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person to join our Telecommunications Engineering Team, contributing to network routing and architectural design, prepare upgrade roadmap, and technological direction of LCRA's telecommunication system
You will be trusted to:
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, and WLAN design and implementation
- Working knowledge of technologies such as MPLS, TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, SD-WAN, VPLS and VPRN
- Experience with Juniper, Cisco, Nokia and other vendors
- Maintains a strategic outlook and product road map for industry trends, technology changes, developments, and obsolescence
- Identifies actual or potential problems, investigates, analyzes, and develops corrective actions to be taken, and drafts reports
- Work independently as lead on projects and act as project consultant and specialist
- Maintains thorough knowledge of engineering principles, LCRA procedures, equipment, and systems
- Keeps informed of technical developments, industry codes and safety and/or regulatory requirements which have impact upon the respective engineering discipline
- The ability to take complex technical concepts and present them to a range of technical and non-technical audiences
You qualify with:
- Six or more years of experience in network administration or other IT related field.
- A degree(s) in information technology, computer science or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
You are a great fit with:
- Texas Professional Engineering License
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Scripting background with knowledge of Python, REST API and Ansible
- Fiber optic and microwave
- Knowledge of DWDM
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
- 401(k) match up to 8% that includes a student loan 401(k) contribution program option
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development programs
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.