Engineer Associate III
LCRA owns and operates a large private telecommunications system in the State of Texas supporting its long-term business operations and customers’ requirements, electrifying Texas, taming the Colorado River, and bringing Broadband Internet to rural Texas. We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person to join our Telecommunications Engineering Team, contributing design and providing guidance at a senior level in microwave path design, Land Mobile Radio (LMR), LTE, FAA/FCC coordination, and overall wireless technological roadmap for LCRA's telecommunication system.
You will be trusted to:
- P25, Trunked Radio Propagation studies, Point to Point Microwave, and Satellite communications experience
- FAA and FCC studies, coordination, and license management
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, and WLAN design and implementation
- Maintains a strategic outlook and product road map for industry trends, technology changes, developments, and obsolescence
- Identifies actual or potential problems, investigates, analyzes, and develops corrective actions to be taken, and drafts reports
- The ability to work independently and as lead on projects and act as project consultant and specialist required
- Maintains thorough knowledge of engineering principles, LCRA standards, procedures, equipment, and systems
- Keeps informed of technical developments, industry codes and safety and/or regulatory requirements which have impact upon the respective engineering discipline
- The ability to take complex technical concepts and present them to a range of technical and non-technical audiences
- Recommends new and improved practices and procedures
You qualify with:
- Bachelors degree in engineering, engineering technology, engineering physics, biosystems engineering, mathematical science, physical science or related science plus four or more years of post-Bachelors engineering experience relating to the area of engineering specialization required to perform the job.
- Driver's license
You are a great fit with:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Texas Professional Engineering License
- Proficient in Pathloss, EDX Signalpro, and Planet propagation tools
- Demonstrated understanding of interference analysis, microwave design, RF power density measurements and technologies such as LTE
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
- 401(k) match up to 8% that includes a student loan 401(k) contribution program option
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development programs
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.