PhD Engineer, Batteries (5537)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Engineer, Battery Specialist for our Materials & Corrosion Engineering Practice in Shanghai, China. In this role, you will work as part of a team responsible for the analysis of materials, mechanical, and electrical failures ranging from consumer products and electronics to complex mechanical systems, as well as conducting hands-on failure analysis and planning and executing laboratory tests and simulations.
You will be responsible for:
- Metallurgical analysis and testing of mechanical and electrical designs to determine the cause of accidents and failures
- Planning and executing laboratory tests and simulations
- Performing engineering evaluations and failure investigations
- Performing quality assurance audits of client product lines
- Photographing and documenting evidence and products
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or related degree
- Ability to conduct an engineering investigation of defective products and determine the cause(s) of failure
- Experience with lithium ion battery technology is desirable
- Ability to clearly communicate findings through reports and presentations
- Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated requiring minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Willingness to travel frequently as needed to project sites (Mainland China, Japan, Korea, United States)
- Excellent hands-on engineering skills
- Relocation to China
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.