PhD Power Engineer/Power Electronics Engineer (5088)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Power Engineer/Power Electronics Engineer for our Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice in Natick, MA. In this role, you will work as part of a team to combine scientific and engineering principles, data driven techniques, and the most current experimental methods with robust subject-specific scientific expertise, to implement high-value solutions to complex technical problems. You will have the opportunity to apply your technical expertise across an extremely wide cross-section of industry and will interact with a variety of client contacts ranging from managers, engineers, legal staff, and business leaders. You will be expected to demonstrate continued professional growth, both in technical areas relevant to your expertise, and in business skills essential to providing effective consulting services.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing engineering analyses related to ongoing Exponent work in the fields of failure analysis, fire origin and cause, product design and intellectual property
- Assisting on projects involving power generation, transmission and distribution systems, renewable energy, industrial equipment, rotating machinery, battery storage systems and power electronics
- Designing and performing tests and critically assessing results
- Authoring technical reports and technical proposals
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics (new graduates or soon to be graduates are encouraged to apply)
- Technical background in power systems, power electronics, embedded systems, controls, or battery and power management systems
- Experience with at least one common programming language such as Python, C/C++, Java, MATLAB, or similar
- Strong lab and field-based experimental and research ability
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to gather information and convey technical conclusions to individuals in engineering, business, and related industry
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.