2022-2023: Naval Architect Full Time
Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Through its subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide, the company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemicals and additives; generates power; and develops and deploys technologies that enhance business value in every aspect of the company’s operations. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
Chevron is now accepting online applications for the position of Naval Architect in Houston, Texas.
High Level Job Responsibilities:
- Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers to provide technical support to the design, fabrication, installation and operation of floating offshore production and marine offloading facilities
- Work as a technical specialist in the areas of Offshore Engineering to promote and deliver strategic research and technology development projects and to actively pursue technology deployment opportunities to improve the practice in offshore applications
- For full-time position: Advanced degree in Naval Architecture or Ocean Engineering. PhD degree preferred. Candidates for internship should be pursuing advanced degree in one of these fields.
- Specialized knowledge and/or skills in marine hydrodynamics and fluid structure interactions; proficiency in advanced numerical simulations; Knowledge and experience in Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Solid foundation in naval architecture and/or offshore engineering preferred.
- Proficiency in programming (e.g., Python, Matlab) for engineering application and data analytics.
- Strong communication, leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Additional Application Instructions:
Please submit your resume and unofficial transcript(s) for review.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.