2022-2023: Information Technology – Information Security Full Time
Chevron believes the future of energy is lower carbon. And we know that affordable, reliable, ever-cleaner energy is essential to achieving a more prosperous and sustainable world. For Chevron, reducing the carbon intensity of oil and gas represents a tremendous opportunity to advance the global net zero ambitions of the Paris Agreement and build a lower-carbon economy.
Technology will play a crucial role in achieving this goal, and Chevron is seeking professionals with a desire to thrive in a cutting-edge digital, global environment to securely advance the global energy transition. We differentiate ourselves through the application of technology, taking an approach that includes in-house expertise, proprietary solutions, and strategic partnerships.
Investing in people is a key component of our company – you will be supported by mentoring programs and employee networks to excel your professional development. Rewards include competitive pay, cash incentives, flexible benefit programs and flexible work schedules – every other Friday off and remote work where approved.
Information Security is one of five job families within Information Technology.
Roles within this job family:
- Provide subject matter expertise and support in the assessment, development, implementation, execution and validation of security program, strategy, and operations.
- Protects information and information systems from unauthorized access and use.
- Provide assurance and mitigation actions from security threats.
- Establishes and leverages defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report events that occur or might occur within Chevron assets to protect information, information systems, and networks from threats.
- Develops and maintains the cybersecurity strategy, policies and risk management processes to ensure that the organization effectively secures Chevron’s operations.
- Impartially conducts investigations, recovery, and preservation of electronically stored information to protect Chevron.
- Identifies and assesses the capabilities and activities of cybersecurity adversaries; produces findings to help initialize or support investigation activities.
- Identifies vulnerabilities, tests Chevron’s digital security defenses, analyzes malicious code and leverages all authorized resources and analytic techniques to penetrate targeted environments.
- Cybersecurity Engineer – Information Technology (IT)
- Cybersecurity Engineer – Operational Technology (OT)
- Houston, TX
- San Ramon, CA
- Bakersfield, CA
- Covington, LA
Cybersecurity Engineer – Information Technology (IT)
We are looking for motivated individuals to consult, design, and deploy enterprise cybersecurity technologies and solutions. You will use your infrastructure experience and cybersecurity knowledge or introduce new cybersecurity capabilities that protect Chevron from cybersecurity threats.
Successful candidates will work closely with architects, business partners, and other IT areas to solve difficult, rapidly changing security challenges from the network perimeter and the cloud, up to and including the end-point device. You understand next generation security technologies and are effective in collaborating and communicating across teams.
- Develops and implements solutions and processes to maintain the reliability, effectiveness, and efficiency of network security infrastructure components across the enterprise.
- Works with project managers, team members, architects, business units and other stakeholders to create agile solutions, identifying continuous improvement opportunities, creating new or improved processes and automation to support step changes in operational efficiencies.
- Leads, provides subject matter expertise, and collaborates extensively with other IT asset SMEs in design, deployment, and implementation of network security solutions by utilizing next generation security technologies and improving frameworks for controls and policies achieve the “Secure By Design” strategy by defining engineering standards and security guardrails for the enterprise.
- Supports the work of the Automation agile team to help replace highly manual and repetitive work with software driven workflows and automations.
- Collaborates with global business units to design and deploy network security solutions suited to their unique environments.
- Analyzes network security needs and designs solutions that meet business requirements for protection, standardization, efficiency, scalability, supportability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Transitions developed solutions to operations, including delivery of educational and training programs, and continues to provide Level 3 support.
Cybersecurity Engineer – Operational Technology (OT)
We are looking for motivated individuals to lead the strategic direction and technical design of a highly complex set of OT Cybersecurity guardrails, and secure implementation of all OT digital technologies across Chevron. You will work across all product lines to make quality investment decisions around identifying and mitigating risk.
Successful candidates will understand Cyber capabilities such as detection and response to threats, risk management, forensics, and insider risk operations, etc. You understand next generation security technologies and are effective in collaborating and communicating across teams.
- Understand industrial control technologies and integration points (i.e., control system application, firmware, PLC)
- Understand OT frameworks (i.e., Purdue Model, Zones & Conduits) and the application to an OT environment
- Participate in upgrades to a system, installation of security patches, OT utilities, and equipment
- Know and understand how to secure a PCN end-to-end by applying technical controls
- Co-facilitate a cyber tabletop, risk assessment, and/or vulnerability assessment
- Understand the underlying architecture and technical components for PCN architectures
- Participate in the research, development, and testing of emerging OT technologies
- Understand Defense in Depth for OT and implement OT Secure By Design principles.
- Participate as team member on Cyber Incident Response team for OT
Education / degrees
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related STEM field.
- Must be currently enrolled in a four-year college or university and classified as a senior or graduate student with anticipation of receiving a bachelor’s or master’s degree by July 2022; OR college graduates with less than two years’ experience since receiving a degree.
- Must provide a current, unofficial transcript with online resume (as proof of good academic standing) when applying for this position to be considered.
- School, work experiences, or exposure in cybersecurity
Preferred skills / competencies
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Communicates in a clear, concise, understandable manner both orally and in writing, within and across work groups
- Listens carefully and asks questions to understand the views, concerns, and comments of others.
- Promotes communications in all directions within work groups and between work groups.
- Encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Understand how to read a Pen Tester report
- Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time limited visa status for this position
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.