2022-2023: Procurement/Supply Chain Management Internship Program Full Time
Procurement/Supply Chain Overview
Dependable supply chains have been foundational to Chevron’s progress. A reliable supply of materials, services and logistics enabled Chevron to grow from the first well in California to our global presence today. Over our history, we’ve built supply chains in places that once seemed impossible. By staying reliable in uncertain environments, we’ve enabled Chevron to compete.
P/SCM’s vision is to be the best proactive partners, essential experts, and commercial stewards to enable Chevron to deliver the energy the world needs.
Chevron spends billions of dollars annually on goods and services to support our global operations. The P/SCM function collaborates within Chevron and across the companies we work with to deliver goods and services to Chevron safely, reliably, and at a competitive cost. The function’s strategic processes include Category Management, Contracting, Strategic Sourcing, Market Intelligence, Procurement Operations, Materials Management, Logistics, and Supplier Diversity/Local Content.
P/SCM plays a critical role in enabling Chevron to deliver on its mission to provide the affordable, reliable, and ever-cleaner energy the world needs. Our purpose is to create and manage the supply chains that enable human progress.
Procurement/Supply Chain Development Program (PSCMDP)
PSCMDP participants will gain understanding of Chevron’s business in an accelerated, fast-paced program. This 2-year program consists of three 8-month rotations that will provide the participants with hands-on Procurement and Supply Chain Management experience and focuses on the development of technical and leadership skills and competencies.
PSCMDP participants will be asked to complete rotations that span the end-to-end global supply chain across multiple asset classes, Corporate, and Business Unit roles. Assignments are driven both by development needs of each participant and business needs. Frequent interaction with leadership, senior managers, current program members, and program alumni can be expected.
Prior PSCMDP assignments include:
- Business Intelligence & Data Visualization (e.g., spend, inventory, cost, etc.) to bring strategic insights to the business
- Category management for various products & service lines
- Strategic sourcing, negotiations strategy & execution
- Business process improvement across the enterprise (e.g., logistics, contracting, materials management, inventory management, demand planning, etc.)
- Evaluation and deployment of digital solutions, including change management
- Benchmarking our performance and making and/or implementing recommendations to improve results
- Market intelligence for existing and new products/services
- Project management
Positions are typically located in:
- Houston, Texas
- San Ramon, California
- Other US locations
- International locations
Chevron seeks talented students who are interested in a career within Procurement/Supply Chain Management and exhibit the following preferred skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrated Procurement or Supply Chain Management work experience
- Analytical skills, problem-solving capabilities, and business acumen
- Exhibits leadership potential
- Innovative approach and ability to look beyond standard practices
- Demonstrates exceptional communication abilities
- Promotes teamwork, diversity, inclusion, and integrity
- Demonstrates a growth mindset, are open to learning and exploring a variety of Procurement/Supply Chain business areas
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively apply feedback given
- MBA or Master’s degree with concentration in Supply Chain Management or related discipline
- Geographically mobile
- Permanent US Work Authorization
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.