Hatch is seeking a Graduate Planner / Scheduler to join our Project Controls team in Houston. As a Planner / Scheduler, you will be part of an integrated engineering team providing engineering services for large and small capital projects. The Planner / Scheduler is responsible for the delivery of project planning and progress measurement, ensuring that Hatch procedures and best practices are applied, as appropriate, and recommending changes to the Project Controls Manager where required.
The Graduate Planner / Scheduler is responsible for detail developmemt of project Capital Cost Estimate through the range of Hatch estimate classifications (FEL 1, 2, 3 and 4) and conformance to the Project Lifecycle Process, Global and Regional Estimating Guidelines and sound first principle estimating techniques.
- Understanding estimating scope of work, deliverables, schedule of execution, estimate structure, formats, reports etc.
- Familiarise with estimate plan
- Delivery of an accurate and comprehensive estimate in accordance with estimating procedures, standards and practices
- Calculation of direct and indirect costs form a first principle basis or factorisation as applicable
- Calculation of cash expenditure, predicted escalation over project duration
- Monitoring and upgrading of estimating database.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in engineering
- Zero to two years experience in a first principle estimating environment, ideally on multi-discipline projects in an EPCM environment throughout various classes of estimate
- Strong MS Office skills
- Interpersonal and good communication skills in the areas of both written and verbal communication
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Problem solving and mitigating skills
- Presentation skills
- Knowledge of AACE estimating standards
- Experience with estimating tools and systems
- Commercial/ contractual knowledge
- Site experience including hands on knowledge of production rates
- Knowledge of risk and uncertainty management