Musket Summer Internship (Summer 2023)
BASIC PURPOSE: This is a ten-week program designed to fully immerse students in the day-to-day activities of a commodities trading company. The program starts with an orientation where Summer Interns learn about our culture, our people, and the different business lines at Musket.
After training, Summer Interns will be placed across multiple business groups. Potential assignments include supply and trading, alternative fuels, risk accounting, compliance, and others. Summer Interns will be tasked with real responsibilities related to different functions of the business.
Over the course of the summer, interns also participate in the following activities:
- Skills-based Trainings
- Executive Exposure
- Social Events
- Market analysis
- Product inventory reconciliation
- Trade risk reporting
- Cost analysis
- Settlements accounting
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Currently enrolled in four year university program, a sophomore level or above (pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Computer Science, MIS or related field).
- Past Internship experience a plus but not necessary
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office, general computer knowledge, and basic accounting knowledge
- Soft Skills: Keen attention to detail, strong oral and verbal communication skills, organization skills, critical thinker, and team player
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.