Data Scientist & Platform Development Fellow
Lantern Pharma is seeking a talented and highly motivated Data Scientist and Platform Development Fellow to build and enhance our drug rescue and repositioning Artificial Intelligence (AI) platform that can predict drug response, therapeutic benefit and survival outcome of cancer patients, and generate biomarkers for specific cancer types for drug candidates of interest.
This is a graduate or postgraduate level paid fellowship position with flexible hours in a remote environment and could potentially lead to a full-time position. The ideal future team member must possess a passion to solve real world problems in cancer treatment by leveraging leading-edge Artificial Intelligence and bioinformatic techniques with an involvement in optimizing our core bioinformatics, computational and AI algorithms to improve their level of robustness, effectiveness, efficiency and performance. Depending on the level of experience and technical knowledge, fellows may also participate in writing manuscripts and developing our data infrastructure.
- Searching, curating and processing information from preclinical and clinical databases related to cancer drug and biomarker development (~10%)
- Performing bioinformatic/statistical analysis on cancer genomic data (~40%)
- Conducting machine learning analyses to identify predictive gene signatures from multi-omics (transcriptomics, mutation, methylation, protein expression etc.) data and building machine learning models to predict cancer drug sensitivity (30~40%)
- Assisting in preparing manuscripts/grant application/poster/conference abstract (10~20%) Note: the approximate percentage of time for each task can be adjusted based on the candidate’s interest and background
- Master’s/PhD candidate, graduate, post-graduate or equivalent research experience in computational biology, cancer genomics, bioinformatics, genetics, molecular biology, or cell biology
- Experience in one or more scripting languages such as R or Python is required
- Candidates with publications in the field of computational biology/cancer genomics/machine learning are highly desirable
- Machine Learning and/or Next-Generation Sequencing experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working in a fast-paced team environment
- 15 ~ 40 hours/week
Job Type: Full Time or Part Time / Flexible
Salary: Competitive stipend provided based on experience and hours of availability.
Lantern provides multiple growth opportunities and as an early team member, your work will have a direct impact on precision oncology that can transform drug development. In addition to attractive compensation, we offer employees the opportunity for competitive health, dental & vision insurance, stock options in a public company, an opportunity to take leadership on new and meaningful projects, & involvement with leading conferences & industry trade shows.