Chemical Engineer (5383)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Chemical Engineer for our Thermal Sciences Practice in Houston, TX. In this role, you will work as part of a team of Mechanical, Chemical, and Fire Protection Engineers, working on challenging, multidisciplinary projects. Future career development and growth will include responsibility for developing client relationships, generating project opportunities and revenue, and hiring and mentoring technical staff.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading, supporting, and conducting technical investigations
- Preparing proposals and technical reports, and presenting findings to clients
- Assisting with project management
- Conducting fieldwork
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
- Previous industry experience, including co-op, work-study or internship, preferred
- Research background emphasizing transport phenomena, separations, process design, dynamics and control, chemical kinetics, and/or thermodynamics
- Experience in development of experimental design, construction of experimental apparatus, instrumentation, data acquisition and data analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly self-motivated as demonstrated through presentations at technical conferences, publications in peer-reviewed journals, professional certifications, and engineering licensure
- Intellectual curiosity with a passion to explore a vast array of problems and applications both within and outside area of specialization
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.