Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) supports the nation's second largest research program in the VA system and we are seeking a full-time remote Recruiter to recruit talented employees to fill Clinical Research and Life Sciences research staff positions, but also Data Scientists, Statistical Programmers, G&A, R&D and Management roles!
The Recruiter will interact with hiring managers who are world-class medical scientists and whose breakthrough research combats human disease and helps Veterans and people with disabilities. It is rewarding to know that what you do makes a difference in the lives of others.
ABOUT THIS ROLE AND BENEFITS:
While telecommuting, you will be a part of a close-knit, knowledgeable, and supportive team. You will receive training and guidance, while reporting to our HR Manager who has been at PAVIR for 8 years and is an excellent and engaging mentor!
You will earn a competitive salary and enjoy work from home flexibility and excellent work-life balance. Workspace is available at our office located on the premises of the VA Hospital in Palo Alto, CA, if you prefer to work at the office.
We offer generous benefits including comprehensive health insurance, 14 paid holidays, paid vacation, sick pay and a 401(k) with fully vested Company Match and Profit Share, Wellness Program, Commuter Benefits and Professional Development training. Plus, we pay for life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A PAVIR RECRUITER:
You will be responsible for staffing all open positions in a high touch, quality-of-hire oriented, transactional, compliance driven, detail- and process-oriented and customer-focused environment.
The Recruiter will work mostly independently, collaborating, as needed, with other team members and hiring managers to ensure success in sourcing, attracting, hiring, and retaining high quality candidates who believe in making a difference in the lives of veterans through innovative research.
To fill the positions, the Recruiter will communicate directly in a professional, courteous and timely manner with hiring managers from various departments and research laboratories located at the VA Hospital in Palo Alto, Menlo Park, and Stanford University.
Opening and Staffing New Positions:
- Manage intake communication with hiring managers and create accurate position requisitions, confirming funding for all positions.
- Advise hiring managers in the recruiting processes, including classifying jobs, writing job descriptions, applying correct salary bands, screening resumes, communicating with candidates, negotiating terms of employment, and generating offer letters.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers, candidates, hiring managers, as well as contacts at Stanford University and the VA regarding the recruiting process.
- Post and maintain accurate job posting, applicant and new employee data and ensure completion of all processes associated with the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Conduct occasional interviews and perform reference checks when needed.
- Utilize a variety of methods to strategically source passive and active candidates.
- Use social media tools and marketing/branding techniques to engage both active and passive candidates.
- Regularly manage candidate pipeline activity.
Onboarding New Employees:
- Guide new employees on the VA-regulated clearance process. While the VA manages this process and requirements, the Recruiter will follow up frequently to facilitate progress and communication between the new employee, the VA and the hiring manager.
- Help determine start dates, communicate orientation information to candidates and prepare necessary forms and materials using an electronic onboarding system.
- Transmit necessary information to other departments to ensure smooth entry of the employee into the company.
Process Improvement and Documentation:
- Initiate recruiting process improvements and projects.
- Write and update SOPs to accurately document and streamline the recruiting process.
- Complete regulatory, compliance and professional development training to remain aware of regulatory changes.
- Collaborate with members of the HR Department on a variety of projects and initiatives.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years full cycle recruiting experience.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team;
- Ability to communicate information and solve administrative problems in a professional, creative, timely and innovative manner;
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and make decisions in a timely fashion;
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English both orally and in writing;
- Experience concurrently managing a variety of responsibilities and priorities;
- Flexibility to adapt and learn quickly;
- Ability to keep information confidential with high ethical standards and good judgment;
- Customer service focus with an ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people;
- Experience with high volume recruiting (up to 20 positions simultaneously);
- Working knowledge of CA and Federal Labor law and regulations;
- Proficient with computer applications such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with recruiting in research, biomedical or healthcare setting.
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now.
- SHRM membership or SHRM/HRCI Certification.
ABOUT PALO ALTO VETERANS INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH (PAVIR):
Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) in administering funds for conducting research to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities.
At PAVIR we work with more than 160 uniquely talented medical scientists across a broad spectrum of research areas as we fulfill our purpose of driving Veterans' health innovation. Our researchers have an active appointment with the VA Palo Alto Health Care System and maintain an academic appointment, most with Stanford University.
As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VA and complete a background check before they can commence work.
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Individuals with a Disability are encouraged to apply. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact email@example.com - Human Resources department.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.