Research Associate, QC, Manufacturing
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Redmond, WA
We are looking for a dedicated and hardworking research associated to join a cross-disciplinary team to help us develop and support advanced oligonucleotide synthesis technologies and applications. The candidate will handle multiple roles across our R&D teams to support both routine and investigatory laboratory activities. Knowledge of oligonucleotide synthesis chemistry, PCR and qPCR techniques, and library preparation for next-generation sequencing are desirable, but training will be provided. Level of the position will be commensurate with the qualifications of the final candidate.
- Perform array-based oligonucleotide synthesis on CustomArray’s CMOS semiconductor synthesis platform.
- Perform QC operations on CustomArray products including PCR/qPCR and hybridization assays.
- Perform NGS library preparation and sequencing work according to established protocols. Familiarity with Illumina NGS platform desirable.
- Contribute observations and experience to R&D team to accelerate pace of technology development.
- Conduct routine lab maintenance procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or Chemistry related field with 2 years of hands-on experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- Working knowledge of oligonucleotide synthesis desirable.
- Experience with surface chemistry techniques and electrochemistry desirable.
- Good grasp of basic molecular biology techniques including PCR, qPCR, array-based hybridization assays, and NGS.
- Familiarity with vacuum instrumentation and surface coating/modification techniques highly desirable
- Ability to work as part of a small cross-disciplinary team to accomplish both short term and long term goals.
GenScript USA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is GenScript’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GenScript USA Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace.