Equipment Calibration Technician (2327)
The Automation Service Engineering team at Myriad Women's Health (MWH) is where the clinical lab, software engineering, troubleshooting, and advanced robotics all come together to make something truly unique. They are tasked with designing and maintaining the most advanced clinical diagnostics laboratory platform in the world.
As an Equipment Calibration Technician, you will be responsible for handling graveyard service calls and providing maintenance to all instrumentations. First level troubleshooting, and calibration service on the laboratory equipment (Liquid Handlers, Freezers, etc.) to ensure uninterrupted operation of essential instrumentation and electrical equipment.
The Shift is Wed-Sat: 8:00 p.m.-6:30 a.m. (so, you'll work 4 10's). Our labs are a 24/7 operation, so it's crucial we have all shifts covered...
- Calibrates, maintains, pharmaceutical laboratory equipment instrumentation such as liquid handlers, PCR machines, etc.
- Proactively maintain automation equipment
- Perform IQ/OQ/PQ on new liquid handling robots, troubleshoot issues with current robots
- Provide ongoing support for lab personnel to make sure that robots operate at peak efficiency
- Interface with CLIA lab personnel providing the highest level of professional service and support
- Utilizes mechanical and electrical skills in order to complete assignments
- Keep accurate maintenance records In Simco
- Interface with cross functional teams as necessary to achieve end goals
- Associates Degree with preferred 2-4 years of experience in the Biotech industry OR Bachelors Degree in with 0-2 years of years of experience in the Biotech field. Experience in lieu of degree will also be considered...(High School Diploma or GED Min requirements)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Electronic circuit design, layout, and assembly knowledge a plus
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to use electric and manual hand tools
- Biotech, pharmaceutical, Lab automation providers, or clinical-laboratory experience
- Technical proficiency and experience in automation and systems integration for the life science industry; especially with robotics and liquid handling systems
- Affinity for fixing things
- Comfortable with computers, networking, and basic IT-related activities
- Quick learner with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with robotics, software, microfluidics, PCR, and optics are a plus
Physical & Lifting Requirements
- Lifting Requirements – light work or exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently
- Physical Requirements – stationary positioning, moving, operating, ascending/descending, communicating, and observing
- Use of equipment and tools necessary to perform essential job functions
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.