Specimen Processor (1930)
- Prepares for testing
- Verify patient identifiers on the sample and the test request form.
- Enters data into a lab information system.
- Identify, resolve and document exceptions and discrepancies.
- Scans paperwork submitted with specimens.
- Observes all compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in continuous improvement projects to improve process within and between groups.
Shift: Tuesday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm and Saturday 8:30am-5:00pm
- High School Diploma required
- Excellent organizational, communication, multitasking and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- Reliable and dependable
- Capable of doing repetitive work and adapting to frequent changes in workload
- Data entry experience a plus
- Basic computer knowledge needed
Physical & Lifting Requirements
- Lifting Requirements - medium work or exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pound of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force consistently.
- Physical Requirements - stationary positioning, moving, operating, ascending/descending, communicating, observing, reaching and repetitive motion.
- Use of equipment and tools necessary to perform essential job functions.
- Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions - exposure to fumes, dust, extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid, noise, vibration, mists or gases, mechanical hazards, chemical hazards, electrical hazards and radiant energy hazards. OSHA Category I - duties performed routinely requires exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.