Based on supplied and developed engineering detail; perform calculations, draft CAD drawings and transfer engineering data to aid field staff and craft to make required equipment modifications; install new equipment; and develop RFI's. Market served is heavy industrial construction. Equipment or materials typically encountered includes but is not limited to pressure vessels, piping systems or structural steel.
- Mobilize to site and work from temporary facilities for protracted periods of time to ensure expected results.
- Manages his/her day to day assignment for timely task completion.
- Incorporate safety and environmental responsibility into daily personal actions.
- Proactively work with the Safety Department monitoring Site Safety Compliance, this may include presenting safety related information to Craft Safety meetings.
- Archive and maintain project documents per Nooter Management System, NMS, procedures as directed by the Site PM.
- Create and audit Engineering Document Files Logs.
- Develop Requests for Information, Field Change Orders and their logs as directed by the Site PM.
- Interpret design/drawings and specifications to develop comprehensive understanding of project execution plan, to identify critical areas requiring increased oversight, to identify items that are non-conforming to job requirements and to supply pertinent information to crafts installing materials.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Acquire as-built data through field measurement as required to assess existing equipment in preparation for replacement or planned modifications.
- Provide necessary building control lines, demolition and final cut lines, elevation lines or part alignment lines as needed for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials.
- Research and recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference and errors.
- Assist with inventory, perform inspection of customer supplied material and equipment for compliance with job requirements as received on the job site and when necessary purchase Nooter Construction supplied materials.
- Work with the assigned Rigging Engineer completing field measurements for crane placements and provide technical support and direction to implement rigging plans when necessary.
- Conduct regular walk downs and inspections of construction projects, including safety audits, to ensure compliance with O.S.H.A., customer and project specifications.
- Prepare and disseminate required documentation records, such as status reports, punch lists for uncompleted work, red-line drawings of completed work, material requirement calculations, etc., to appropriate staff or customer personnel.
- Cross-train with other departments to develop a thorough understanding of their purpose, procedures, responsibilities and requirements to operate effectively.
- Collaborate with customer or their engineering company, subcontract, staff or craft personnel on daily basis to actively manage the work performed to ensure successful completion of the project.
- Assist other site staff members in completion of their assigned tasks.
- Serves as team member at Client meetings as directed by the Site PM.
- Develop a thorough understanding of applicable codes required for completion of the project.
- Participate as an active participant in post project analysis meetings on completion of assignment.
Required Skills or Abilities
- Transfer engineering data into workable information for field staff and craft.
- Ability to build strong relationships with staff and craft.
- Ability to multitask efficiently.
- Working knowledge of traditional Construction Tools: Spirit levels, Builders level, Transits
- Squares, plumb bobs, drafting instruments, tape measures.
- Basic understanding of rigging and fitting equipment used by boilermakers and pipefitters.
- Knowledge of Theodolite survey equipment with electronic distance measuring capability is a plus.
Formal Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in any of the following Engineering Disciplines: Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Construction Management, or similar course of studies, preferably that included CAD.
- 0-2+ years' experience.
- Employee is required to relocate to one or more nationwide job site locations with length of assignment dependent on project duration. Periods of relocation could total 85% to 100% of annual employment. Employee is eligible to receive trips home at scheduled intervals with paid travel expense.
- Employee is subject to inside and outside conditions, including high and low ambient temperatures.
- Employee is subject to hazards of operating at elevated levels.
- Employee may occasionally wear a respirator or fall protection harness and lanyard.
- Employee will occasionally be subject to noise levels above 85 decibels and will be required to wear ear protection.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
"Commonly associated" is not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee(s) in this job title. Furthermore, the job description does not establish a contract of employment and is subject to change at the discretion of management.