Associate Electrical Engineer - Power Systems
Transform Engineering Consultants is seeking an electrical engineer who will play a significant role in performing power system analysis and study work for the Oil & Gas Industry! The qualified individual will be interfacing directly with clients to establish new projects, develop proposals for potential work, and to present formal study reports with findings and recommendations.
Transform Engineering Consultants is a recently established company seeking individuals who are self-driven, innovative, and are looking to contribute new ideas in the electrical engineering world. We are always developing improvements to our processes, and are working towards implementing modernized solutions to the everyday power system study reports. Transform is looking for folks who have big ideas and are willing to contribute to a new way of conducting business.
- Build from scratch, or modify existing, power system models using various software tools (specifically SKM and ETAP).
- Develop power system cases and run studies for the following analyses: load flow, short circuit, motor starting (static and dynamic), overcurrent coordination, and arc flash hazard
- Analyze study results and develop conclusions on issues being studied
- Prepare formal written reports which explain the purpose, findings and observations, and any recommendations for any given power system study.
- Responsible for designing and programming protection systems and relay settings.
- Review and manage client documentation for compliance with project specifications and industry standards
- Develop proposals that include a scope of work that details project objectives, defines the list of deliverables, tasks to be completed, overall project schedule, and total project costs
- Act as a client interface for technical inquiries
- Attend any project meeting (this includes those with the client and with vendors)
- Attend factory acceptance tests as required.
- Developing new and maintaining existing client relationships
- Contribute to the development of new company standards and programs
- Project database management through SharePoint
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical engineering or other related field from an accredited institution and/or applicable work experience
- Preferably 2-5 years of electrical engineering experience, in the construction, manufacturing, Oil & Gas and/or Power Distribution Industry
- Knowledge of codes and standards: ANSI, IEEE, NEC
- Understanding of power systems, relay application, and all power system studies
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Applications
- Experience using power system analysis software: SKM, ETAP
- Experience using relay programming software: AcSELerator, GE Enervista
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communication within the organization and outside with clients
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Detail oriented and results driven
- Field experience a major plus