Bring your hard work and curiosity to Triumvirate and begin your career in the environmental services industry by joining our entry-level Environmental Specialist role.
Triumvirate Environmental is one of the largest environmental services firms in North America. Triumvirate provides leading institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare, and industrial sectors with diverse services and advice to assist them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters growth, development, education, and creativity.
As an Environmental Specialist you will support our clients by managing their hazardous waste programs & projects, utilizing state & federal regulations.
This is a labor-intensive role that requires a high-level of technical aptitude and the ability to delivery high-level customer service (which we call the WOW!)
To learn more about the day in the life of an Environmental Specialist, please watch this brief 5-minute video https://youtu.be/jhpedBU1u5M.
Essential responsibilities and duties:
- Completion of Triumvirate’s on-boarding and Safety Training Development Program
- Safety equipment inspections
- Hazardous waste inspections
- Perform and document environmental health and safety (EHS) audits for clients
- Regularly preparing chemical and biological waste for shipment and disposal, including creation of all federal/state waste documents and managing the paperwork for the material Following any applicable state and federal regulations [Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) & Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations]
- Develop understanding of OSHA regulations as well as Triumvirate’s Health and Safety practices
- Monthly on-call responsibilities as part of our Emergency Response team
- Material handling (e.g. transportation of materials within client sites as well as from client sites to transfer and/or end disposal facilities)Safe handling of hazardous waste containers on client sites, as well as loading/unloading of waste from vehicles
- Packaging and prepping of hazardous waste for shipment
- Spill response measures, including assessment of the spills and potentially leading the cleanup efforts
- Requires you to work 40+ hours per week and overtime is frequently required
- Professional attitude, high energy, and high-level communication skills required when dealing directly with client representatives
- High level of expertise (e.g. state/federal regulations, EHS standards, waste management procedures, etc.)Train clients on proper chemical safety and hazardous waste management
- Attending client operations meetings
- Training of new Triumvirate team member(s)
- BS/BA in Environmental Science or Business-related degree or relative Military experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as an individual
- Strong communication, problem solving, and relationship building skills
- Successful completion (upon point of hire) of OSHA/DOT physical examination
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds
- This is a safety-sensitive position
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) retirement savings plan with co. contribution
- Very Generous Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health & Wellness benefits
- TONS of safety training for some positions with opportunities for external trainings and certifications
- Paid time off and select paid holidays
- Mentorship & Career Succession Planning
- Opportunity be involved with employee-led resource groups
- Relocation Opportunities
- Auto/Home insurance discounts, pet assistance discount plans, discounted movie passes & more!
For further information on Triumvirate & the exciting work that we are doing in the industry, please visit our LinkedIn page - Triumvirate LinkedIn – and follow us on Instagram @triumvirateenvironmental
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
To view our California Privacy Notice and Policy, click here.