Associate (Native Mandarin) - New York City
Location: New York City, New York
Job Description: Entry Level, Full-Time
Requirements: Native in Mandarin, Proficient with WeChat
Estimated Start Date: Immediate Start
Founded in 2008, Ridgetop Research is a leader in global expert consultancy and primary source research that serves hedge funds, private equity, mutual funds and venture capital firms. Our employee’s industry knowledge and research help our clients meet their overall due diligence and analytical needs. We do this by focusing on deep dive research into client targeted industries and by finding the perfect consultants who can offer valuable insight to our clients. This insight is used to make sound investment decisions and seize opportunities ahead of our client’s competitors.
Associates are responsible for understanding client’s complex research requests and act as the connection point between our client facing team and the industry experts. You will need to conduct high level research on China based companies to understand what client’s knowledge gaps on each project are and identify and engage experts with the knowledge accordingly. You will play an important role when assessing and qualifying the experts’ expertise.
· Identify and recruit professionals across all industries to establish business relationships
· Dedicate significant time doing outreach on the phone and via email to effectively communicate Ridgetop Research’s business and value proposition to industry professionals
· Consult with client-facing colleagues to understand the scope of client’s research requests and compliance requirements
· Qualify prospective industry leaders and compose concise professional biographies which capture individual’s background and expertise accurately
· Oversee and manage multiple projects to ensure client satisfaction and timely delivery of information
What we are looking for:
Ridgetop Research invites candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to join our team. The ideal candidate will have the following:
· Recent college graduates with an undergraduate degree in Finance, Business Communication, Marketing, HR Management, English, History, Political Science, Social Science, etc.
· Extraverted personality with excellent oral and written skills in both English and Mandarin; ability to articulate clients’ needs concisely to the targeted group of experts.
· Comfortable working under tight deadlines in a fast-moving environment
· Can manage work independently but still thrives on a team.
· Strong attention to detail and highly organized
Why Join Ridgetop Research?
Are you a self-starter who is motivated, driven, detail oriented, an excellent communicator and focused on success? There is no limit to your ability to grow and succeed at Ridgetop Research. Our employees are the most valuable aspect of our business model and we strive to make Ridgetop Research a place that reflects that value. Our company offers clear pathways for professional growth and upward mobility is based on hard work and merit. We value individuals who are curious, creative and interested in learning about a diverse range of investment targets. If you have a strong desire to build your networks, learn about the financial services industry and spend much of your day communicating directly with top industry leaders, then this is the job for you.
Ridgetop Research is an equal opportunity employer.