The Engineer is knowledgeable in Mechanical design and development. This Engineer will own complex design and development activities of engine components and systems for new product and current product support. In this position, you will utilize your experience in engineering, problem solving, and 3D CAD design skills to, create or improve complex parts and assemblies.
Design and develop new engine components and systems and solve design-related problems, including:
- Create component and system technical requirements for complex design and development activities while working closely with technical and cross-functional personnel
- Own designs of large castings, forgings, machined components, and metal fabrications in 3D CAD, including 2D drawing creation and the application and interpretation of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) to define technical requirements, manufacturing and inspection of components
- Perform engineering studies and calculations within the scope of assigned work including defining the requirements for simulation and physical validation of designs
- Be part of cross functional development teams, including attendance of design reviews and oversight of the preparation
- Procure prototype hardware for design validation, product release, and trouble-shooting production and field service type problems
- Ensure all required business system transactions associated with ECO releases are completed as required
- Provide technical engineering support to other functional areas as required, including other engineering teams, manufacturing, purchasing, application engineering, marketing, service, contracted engineering consultants, and suppliers
- Support the creation and continuous development of design practices
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Mechanical Design Technology from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a Mechanical Design Engineering role.
- Knowledgeable in the use of the Oracle ERP business system, Windchill PLM system, and high-end 3D CAD such as CREO.
- Minimum of 2 years of mechanical design and/or development experience with components and systems of reciprocating internal combustion engines and/or engine-driven packaged equipment
- Knowledge of GD&T, tolerance calculation and DVA tool in the development process
- Understanding of engine performance, simulation/FEA, engine testing/DVP, and mechanical development
- Knowledge of materials, manufacturing, quality std/tools (ISO/DFMEA/DFSS/DFR), and assembly processes and experience working with the associated functional organizations
- New product design leadership experience
- Current product support and problem-solving design experience
- Knowledge and experience in the use of rapid prototype techniques
- Comfortable in an international environment and have strong oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills required to manage multiple projects and/or activities
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing, oral, listening and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 10%, including domestic and international
INNIO offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. INNIO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.