Systems Test Engineer - New Grad
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all!
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems, starting with developing our own semiconductors, electronics, system solutions, mobile apps and even cloud solar design services. To date, we have produced more than 36 million microinverters that make up more than 1.5 million homes across 130 countries!
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams have a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing innovative technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the center of our shared energy future.
We are seeking a Systems Test Engineer who will work in the Storage Business Unit (SBU) division.
As a Systems Test Engineer, the successful candidate will be part of the battery Systems Engineering team, and will perform test integration and testing for energy production and management systems including but not limited to renewable energy systems and EV charging systems.
In this role the successful candidate will:
- Execute electrical and/or communication tests on energy processing systems, including but not limited to renewable energy systems and EV charging systems
- Interpret product documentation to understand test setups and plans
- Author test plans when needed based on product documentation and interaction with the product development team
- Design test setups that use electrical wiring, PCs, power analyzers, meters, oscilloscopes and similar test and automation equipment
- Compile and format results, and report using various test reporting tools.
BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent education/experience and 2 years or less experience in a similar Systems Test Engineer role.
- Good understanding of electrical systems. Ability to read schematics.
- Experience working within an Agile development process from the test design, test automation and execution perspective
- Good understating of software development life cycle as well as agile software development methodology
- Working knowledge of any object-oriented programming language such as C++, Java or Ruby. Experience with Ruby, Rspec, Rake, Rails and MySql database is a plus. Expertise in Automation using Selenium is a big plus
- Basic knowledge of open source tools such as JMeter and Git
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively balance tests execution, test results, and bugs with project constraints on schedule
- Ability to work in a team environment; develop and maintain good professional working relationships
- Take Initiative in setting and meeting goals
- Experience with EV charging is a plus
- Experience with renewable energy systems operating at 120V/240V is a plus
- Occasional travel to our Petaluma site.
- Infrequent travel to field sites in California or the US
- Fremont – CA. Candidate must be authorized to work in the US.
- This is an on-site job. Job cannot be performed remotely.
- Candidate must be able to perform physical activities, including, but not limited to:
- Reaching, carrying objects, to above head level
- Moving items
- Using both hands to assemble detailed systems