Civil Engineer I
FTN is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our team in the Fayetteville, Arkansas office. The selected candidate will work on multi-disciplinary teams consisting of design engineers, scientists and technicians focused on the development of study and design phase deliverables including reports, technical memoranda, design manuals, plans, sections, details and specifications. FTN prides itself on hiring innovative problem solvers. We focus on creating designs to meet our client’s needs while at the same time considering its effect on their bottom line.
This position will be responsible for engineering calculations and basic project design for a variety of projects, which may include but not be limited to:
- Civil site works
- Drainage and flood control improvements
- Dams, impoundments and outlet control structures
- Solid waste facilities
Other typical duties of this position may include:
- Perform technical work in the field of civil engineering including data collection, data analysis, modeling, basic project design, design computations, cost estimating, drawing and technical specification preparation, documentation preparation, and construction observation required to complete company projects within time and budget constraints under the direct supervision of a professional engineer.
- Serve as on-site project representative and review construction to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Field investigations/field sampling including preparation, cleanup, and documentation under general supervision of Project Manager.
- Data entry, editing, analysis, plotting, file manipulation, and application of existing computer programs (e.g., CAD, spreadsheets, statistical analysis, GIS mapping, word processing) under general supervision of Project Manager.
- Communicate project and company related information to in-house personnel and clients:
- Write letters, memoranda, technical reports, and summaries.
- Make in-house technical presentations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering from a four-year, ABET-accredited engineering program
- Registered as an Engineer Intern (EI), or obtain within 6 months of hire, and eligible for licensure as a professional engineer in Arkansas (at point in time when experience criteria are met)
- 0 to 3 years of related civil engineering design experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills commensurate with experience (knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil3D is a plus)
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record