Energy Storage Developer
Description of Role:
The Energy Storage Developer will be an integral member of Delorean’s team, providing strategic support to the founders and Development Director with a focus on project origination. The Energy Storage Developer will facilitate Delorean’s boots-on-the-ground project development efforts with support from the rest of the Delorean team in:
- Identifying viable project sites and managing land acquisition;
- Working with team engineers and off-takers on project scope and site design;
- Supporting on engineering estimates, scopes, and project schedules;
- Supporting EPC/integration partners from project design to execution and supporting on related contract negotiation efforts;
- Supporting federal, state and local permitting challenges as/when they arise;
- Supporting interconnection processes for pipeline projects.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced developer with (1) proven skills overseeing development efforts; (2) a strong track record of delivering utility-scale energy projects; (3) detailed knowledge of US energy markets; and (4) a collaborative attitude and desire to help out as needed in a high-growth company.
- Direct experience identifying energy storage market opportunities, determining use cases with prospective customers, and developing project sites;
- 2+ years of project development experience in the energy sector;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills;
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
Washington DC area headquarters, or alternative location that overlaps with Delorean’s project development efforts.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary commensurate with experience and possibility of company equity for well-qualified candidates;
- Additional bonus incentives for successful project execution;
- Competitive benefits package including 401k, health, dental, paid vacation, etc.