Principal Chemical Engineer
Founded in 2014, Sunvapor is a leading solar process heat and desalination company. Sunvapor has developed solar steam, energy storage, and desalination technologies with several awards from the US Department of Energy. Based in Pasadena, CA, Sunvapor designed, built, and operates the country’s first solar steam generation system for pasteurization. Sunvapor was awarded a prestigious Solar Desalination Prize in 2021 from the US Department of Energy for its innovative hybrid membrane process.
· Develop process designs for scalable solar-driven chemical processes.
· Engineer water treatment for boiler feed water, deionized water, and produced water pretreatment.
· Conceptual process design through detailed design of P&IDs in accordance with codes and standards.
· Provide engineering support for construction and commissioning of energy and water production plants
· Develop intellectual property and write proposals for demonstrating innovative chemical separations and other chemical processes
· Support research projects as the lead chemical engineer
Desired experience & qualifications:
· Exceptional theoretical understanding of the fundamentals of physical chemistry and chemical engineering
· Excellent abilities in, and zest for, laboratory work
· Desire for field work at project sites
· Passion for bringing cost-effective, innovative engineering solutions to the challenges related to Climate Change
· PhD in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry