Cybersecurity Critical Infrastructure Protection - Russian Translation Cyber Threat Analyst
The International Association of Certified Information Sharing Analysis Organizations (IACI) is headquartered at NASA/Kennedy Space Center, FL.
IACI (IACI-CERT) works with the US Dept. of Homeland Security, FBI, law enforcement, federal/state/local agencies, and the private sector (critical infrastructure owners and operators) and international partners to advance security resilience by sharing actionable threat intelligence, analysis, and coordinated response to protect national critical infrastructure. Critical Infrastructure (Chemical, Commercial Facilities, Communications, Critical Manufacturing, Dams, Defense Industrial Base, Emergency Services, Energy, Financial Services, Food and Agriculture, Government Facilities, Healthcare and Public Health, Information Technology, Nuclear Reactors/Materials/Waste, Oil & Gas, Transportation, Water and Wastewater).
REMOTE / VIRTUAL - DO NOT HAVE TO BE ON-SITE AT THE IACI-CERT, KENNEDY SPACE CENTER, FL.
We are looking for interns (potential for full-time employment) to learn and conduct cybersecurity threat hunting and analysis activities focused on nation-states (i.e., Russia, China, Iran, etc.) and other threat actors (criminal forums, individuals, etc.) networks to identify, analyze and report actionable intelligence, sharing with government and critical infrastructure owners and operators.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
This specific internship opportunity requires the ability to read and translate Russian language to English.
The intern will be a member of an elite Global Intelligence Team to monitor the global cyber threat landscape - cybersecurity threats and incidents, identifying and collecting data for the purpose of analysis and generating cybersecurity alerts and advisories (actionable intelligence).
5 Internship Positions are Available.
Work can be done virtually - no need to be on-site at the IACI-CERT at NASA/Kennedy Space Center.
STUDENT LEARNING OBJECTIVES/OUTCOMES
- To identify, evaluate and analyze intel sources (open and closed source) to advance threat detection and reporting.
- Learn how to leverage and use cybersecurity tools and technologies
- Learn how to apply the Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence Framework
- Learn Cyber Threat Actor Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs)
- Analyze Nation-State activities and threats
- Participate in Public/Private Critical Infrastructure Global Cyber First Responder Intelligence Information Sharing and Coordinated Response - Collaborating with government (US Dept. Homeland Security, US Coast Guard, other Federal Agencies, State and Local Government, FBI and other Law Enforcement Agencies/Fusion Centers, and cybersecurity teams in different critical infrastructure sectors.
INTERNSHIP TO EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - $ 50,000+