Part-Time Collections Specialist
Techline, Inc. is seeking a Collections Specialist to work in the Professional Services Group. This position will be responsible for applying customer payments, resolving discrepancies and making adjustments, performing customer credit checks, sending out monthly lien and bond claims, and communicating with customers regarding past due accounts.
- Upload incoming cash receipts against customer accounts and resolve discrepancies
- Collect on past-due customer balances
- Interact with the customer/sales force to resolve outstanding issues
- Respond to customer requests for invoices and statements
- Perform credit reference checks on potential customers
- Set up new customers and projects
- Maintain sales tax records
- Enter adjustments on the customer account for over or underpayments
- Send out monthly lien/bond claims and process lien waivers
- Report weekly on the status of past-due receivables
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Accounting
This position’s responsibilities could grow as the employee demonstrates proficiency and interest.
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Employee benefits include:
- Employer-paid medical/dental/life/disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid holidays
- Generous paid leaves
- Free lunch daily
- Casual office dress code
- Possible remote work options
- And more!
This position is subject to a background check. Any job offer is contingent upon receipt of results of a satisfactory background check.
Techline is an equal opportunity employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.