Associate Engineer, FPS Engineering
Responsible for effective contributions to the fuel processing discipline group engaged in the design, verification, validation, and integration of an integrated fuel processor for a highly efficient, high temperature hydrogen based fuel cell system. With direction and a teamwork focus, support and participate in the fuel processing team, in collaboration with other multi-discipline groups, with the development, advancement, and commercialization of a fuel cell micro CHP system, with focus on all aspects of reactor design, analysis, model development and validation, prototype development, and characterization for an integrated fuel processor for a fuel cell system. Understands key concepts of the discipline, and depends upon others for guidance and direction. Is still learning the fundamental of fuel processing engineering, and may be assigned to small projects or discreet tasks within the functional discipline.
Role & Responsibility
- Still learning the fundamentals of the discipline and the role.
- Ongoing focus on career development.
- Depends on others for guidance and direction.
- Sets challenging but achievable goals for self, with some direction, and seeks out support from others and academic pursuit to enhance personal and professional development.
- Drives productive achievement and development by learning and utilizing increasingly absorbed fuel processing knowledge and skills.
- Asks the right questions and assesses a situation reasonably.
- Attempts to generate alternative approaches when the defined paths meet resistance.
- Develops plans to meet the objectives of short and longer-term assignments.
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members and beyond.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree with 0-2+ years of experience
- Chemical Engineering related degree
- Experience with understanding and executing to meet customer demands/requirements
- Engineering support in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Experience working with a diverse group of technical and business-focused individuals and groups
Knowledge & Skill
- Still learning the fundamentals of the discipline.
- Sound technical understanding of the basics of the discipline.
- Knowledge of fuel cells and fuel processing technology.
- Some process and systems understanding.
- Excellent, demonstrable organizational and communication skills and abilities.
- Strong focus on teamwork, teambuilding, and employee development.
- Solid computer/systems skills.
This position requires on-site work with the possibility of remote work.
All personal information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Questions can be addressed through the HR department at (860) 727-2200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.