2023 Master's & PhD - Senior Scientist, In Vitro Immunology / Molecular Biology
As a global company with operations across Asia, Europe, and North America, WuXi AppTec provides a broad portfolio of R&D and manufacturing services that enable global pharmaceutical and healthcare industry to advance discoveries and deliver groundbreaking treatments to patients. Through its unique business models, WuXi AppTec’s integrated, end-to-end services include chemistry drug CRDMO (Contract Research, Development and Manufacturing Organization), biology discovery, preclinical testing and clinical research services, cell and gene therapies CTDMO (Contract Testing, Development and Manufacturing Organization), helping customers improve the productivity of advancing healthcare products through cost-effective and efficient solutions.
The Oncology & Immunology Unit (OIU) works efficiently with partners through our leading biology research service platform. We cover all of your research needs ranging from target discovery, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, and translational research to clinical biomarker testing enabling drug discovery for cancer, autoimmune disease and rare genetic diseases (RGD). Learn more about OIU here.
Job Location: Shanghai / Nantong (Qidong), China
- Under guidance/supervision of senior level management, work in a matrix team of specialists from different oncology/immunology area to support the project of drug effect validation through variety of in vitro assays.
- Record experimental report, perform readout analysis and report to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Review of literature to resolve research-related issues.
- Communicate with clients, acquire new projects and provide guidance to implement projects to a high standard.
- Manage projects and prepare report with minimum supervision. Demonstrate project progress through both oral and written manner.
- Maintain research-related files (including laboratory records, electronic files and laboratory notebook) to support experimental studies and intellectual property development.
- Work independently and be highly driven based on project progress.
- Work in collaboration with your co-workers and other research group/division.
- Master/PhD degree in pharmacology, immunology, cell/molecular biology or a related discipline;
- Solid laboratory skills in molecular biological assays such as cell culture, primary immune cells isolation and activity test, flow cytometry, qPCR, Western/Southern blot, immunofluorescence, ELISA, Co-IP, chromatography, mass spectrometry, cell transfection-related assays (knock-in/knock-out, CRISPR), sequencing etc.;
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills, able to work independently and collaborate with various teams/division;
- Effective written and communication skills in Mandarin Chinese and English. Summarize data, present to the investigators and clients of various levels. Accurate and timely experimental reports and logging of results in electronic laboratory notebooks in English.