Air Permitting Engineer (Entry Level)
HRP has immediate full-time opportunities for individuals with 0 to 2 years of experience in air permitting compliance. The candidate will have the opportunity to collect project data from client sites, navigate air regulations, develop air emissions, and complete permit applications on a wide variety of projects and should possess curiosity, drive, and ambition. This is a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated, but team oriented professional to develop your career by joining a dynamic team that takes on challenging projects and that provides you with excellent rewards and benefits in return. If this sounds like the career move you have been waiting to make and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you!
Candidates will be developing firsthand experience in the following areas:
- Air emission calculations
- Air permitting applicability determination
- Air permitting application preparation
- NSPS applicability determinations
- NESHAP applicability determinations
- Air permitting recordkeeping and reporting
- Air dispersion modeling experience is not required, but the interest in and ability to learn is a plus
- Multimedia Compliance Auditing
- Process Safety Management
- Wastewater Permitting (general or specific permitting)
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Storm Water Permit and Spill Control Plan preparation
Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Strong engineering math and chemistry skills
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents
- Strong technical writing skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
Individuals must have strong organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills and be proficient in MS Office products and appropriate professional level software. Specific qualifications for the role include:
- BS degree in Environmental, Civil, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering, Meteorology, or technically related field
- Experience in Environmental Compliance, preferably in a consulting environment (preferred, but not required)
- Possess EIT certification or ability to obtain
As an Air Permitting Engineer with HRP Associates Inc., you will be part of an industry-leading organization that continues to expand throughout the nation. Our business depends on retaining dedicated professionals like you to provide expert consultation and to our loyal clientele. HRP will reward and promote those individuals that continue to grow their practice. Therefore, we are second to none in our commitment to your professional growth and job satisfaction. We offer a positive, gratifying, and challenging work environment in which you can continue to develop your skills and we provide additional professional development opportunities as well as competitive salaries, benefits package, and flexible work environment.
Benefits & Company Culture:
The vision of HRP Associates, Inc. is reliant on the expertise of our dedicated professionals who provide excellent consultation to our loyal clientele. We lead the industry in our commitment to employee growth and satisfaction in a positive, gratifying, and challenging workplace environment. We offer professional development opportunities, competitive salaries, and an excellent benefits package to qualified employees.
We are always searching for top talent to join our growing team throughout HRP’s various locations. We constantly promote a fun and dynamic company culture, as well as a great work-life balance. Ideal candidates will enjoy working in team settings, participating in company-wide events and outings, possess a positive attitude, and can relate to our internal cultural motto of, “Work hard, play hard!”
Other major benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Company-sponsored Profit-Sharing Pension Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacations
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
HRP Employee Groups:
- JEDI Committee (ERGs)- featuring different diversity and inclusion groups, such as: HRP Women, HRP One, HRP Mosaic, HRP Pride, 312, and Community Outreach
- CT Fun Committee- organizes employee events
- Giving Group- coordinates events with local charities and organizations
- Wellness Committee- promotes health and wellness
Who We Are:
HRP Associates, Inc. is a full-service environmental engineering and hydrogeology firm headquartered in Farmington, CT, with regional offices in Derby (CT), Tampa, Florida; Saint Charles, Missouri; Clifton Park, New York; and Greenville & Charleston, South Carolina. We also have satellite offices in Charlotte, North Carolina; San Diego, California; and Houston, Texas.
HRP's staff of professionals includes chemical, civil, geotechnical, and environmental engineers; inspectors; geologists; hydrogeologists; and industrial hygienists.
For more information on job postings in all our offices and to find out more about the company, please visit our website at www.hrpassociates.com and our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/HRPAssociatesInc. HRP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.