This position is responsible for executing experiments and analyzing the resulting data in support of reagent and assay development projects with close supervision. This is a laboratory-based position responsible for advancing research and/or development objectives focused on leading-edge biomarker measurements and technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes experiments and implements plans under close guidance utilizing established protocols.
- Assists in data analysis and the preparation of experimental reports and/or presentations.
- Participates in general lab maintenance initiatives including but not limited to maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment, maintaining electronic inventory list database, physical inventory, processing/aliquotting/vialing/labeling materials, and preparing and maintaining reagent inventories.
- May be selected to monitor and report on the infrastructure of a particular lab or functional area.
- Specific duties may vary depending upon departmental requirements.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, or related area is required.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Hands-on laboratory experience is highly desired, industry experience is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of scientific fundamentals with an analytical background.
- Knowledge of immunoassay technology is a plus.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning of and adhering to standard laboratory techniques and safety precautions.
- Solid communication (written and verbal) skills regardless of the format (e.g., documents, public speaking situations, presentations, etc.).
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Attention to detail with demonstrated commitment to excellence and performance.
- Demonstrated propensity to be creative, collaborative, proactive, and self-motivated in the execution and completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to execute experiments following protocols and/or SOPs.
- Basic data analysis skills. Knowledge of MS Excel, GraphPad Prism, and SharePoint is a plus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is frequently required to sit and stand for long periods. The individual is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Up to 75 % of the day may be spent at a lab bench.
- There are aspects of the position’s duties that require a person in this role to work at heights above four (4) feet on occasion and move/lift up to 25 pounds.
- Laboratory environment working with chemical reagents and performing some Biosafety Level 2 work.
- May involve handling of BSL-2 materials and organisms including human blood and/or blood products.
Bachelor of Science or better in Life Science or related field.