Mechanical Engineer Intern
Modern Electron has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineering Intern. In this role, you will support the Product Development and Full Device Engineering teams to design, fabricate, and build lab test stands for energy systems involving combustion, heat transfer, and fluid flow.
Modern Electron is a sustainable heat and power technology company that helps buildings and homeowners save money, reduce carbon emissions, and increase resiliency during power outages. Its technology transforms boilers’ and furnaces’ heat into power for use onsite, reducing wasted energy. >$40MM venture capital is committed to our vision. We have enormous potential for learning, impact, and growth in a small and collaborative team setting. We value our ability to move fast to outpace larger companies and achieve what they cannot.
- Design, manufacturing, and assembly of test stands
- 3D modeling in SolidWorks and other mechanical design and analysis as needed
- Basic machining and part fabrication
- Building and assembly of systems and test stands
- Proficiency with CAD, preferably SolidWorks
- Experience with making engineering drawings
- Hands-on experience building lab test stands, preferably for energy systems involving combustion, heat transfer, and/or fluid flow.
- Hands-on experience with prototype fabrication processes including basic machining
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or MS student or recent graduate in Mechanical Engineering
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer.