Clinical Research Coordinator - Liver Disease Research
Join the team of world-class medical scientists and Stanford physicians as a full-time Clinical Research Coordinator and spearhead two clinical trials using state of the art technology in blood testing and imaging to check for scarring in the liver (fibrosis) caused by fat (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease)!
The Clinical Research Coordinator will work closely with a supportive team and will be involved in all aspects of study organization and compliance, patient recruitment, exam scheduling, and data curation.
This a full-time position located in Palo Alto, CA. We offer work from home flexibility, but you will need to be on-site at the VA hospital in Palo Alto to perform most of the duties.
Candidates with an interest in medicine and clinical research will excel in this position as a team player, ready to learn and excited to make an impact!
PAVIR is delighted to offer a robust and comprehensive employee benefits package with exceptional offerings such as health, dental and vision insurance, 14 paid holidays, generous vacation and sick pay policies, a 401(k) with a fully vested 6% company match and 3% profit share, a wellness program, commuter benefits, and professional development training. Plus, we pay for life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance.
CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR'S MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle study correspondence;
- Complete all study logs and case report forms;
- Communicate with sponsor as needed;
- Screen, recruit, and meet with study subjects;
- Enroll patients, obtain informed consents, as well as all clinical data for study subjects;
- Coordinate patient visits;
- Send materials to sponsor;
- Coordinate sponsor visits.
- Maintain study binders containing clinical patient data;
- Enter all study data into research database;
- Maintain all electronic and paper files;
- Maintain data and coordinate data entry on sponsor's online data entry sites.
Maintain Scientific and Regulatory Files:
- Maintain IRB approval;
- Assist in preparing research reports and articles for publication, including tables and graphs;
- Obtain and archive all regulatory documents required by IRB and sponsors.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience;
- Experience in database management; familiarity with clinical research, and interest in clinical medicine (e.g., hepatology, radiology, and pathology).
- Desired: Experience supporting clinical research study(ies), including subject recruitment and screening; Experience in conduct of hepatology, radiology, and pathology-related trials.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook;
- Exposure to image acquisition and image processing desired;
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing;
- Good interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with study subjects;
- Knowledge of medical terms and abbreviations desired.
ABOUT PALO ALTO VETERANS INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH (PAVIR)
PAVIR facilitates research and education activities conducted at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System. We support the nation's second largest research program conducted among the VA Hospitals and work with more than 160 uniquely talented medical scientists. We recruit and retain talented employees who believe in making a difference in the lives of others through innovative health research.
As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Individuals with a Disability are encouraged to apply. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact email@example.com - Human Resources department.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.