We are seeking an intelligent, dynamic, competent, collaborative, creative, strategic, positive, responsible and experienced Administration Intern to change the world. Excellent communication and collaboration skills and a commitment to practicing sustainability are essential. You will assist the Administrative Coordinator and President in helping to manage all administrative areas, including office systems, accounting, payroll, banking, database, correspondence, HR, Leadership Team and Board support, and Zoom and in-person meeting support. You will help assure effective systems and increase the Alliance’s impact while fulfilling its mission and values.
This is an unpaid remote position but will provide invaluable experience, connections and references. If you are seeking academic credit, please get approval from your school. If adequate funds are raised there is the possibility of it becoming a paid internship or even a regular staff position. Finally, if you work adequate hours you can qualify to receive a President’s Volunteer Service Award.
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
The position can begin at any time based on our availability. If it is during the school year it is expected you will work 10-15 hours a week for a semester. If it is over the summer it would be 15-40 hours a week. The times of work are flexible except for two weekly staff meetings.
The Alliance for Sustainability (www.afors.org) was created as a tax-exempt nonprofit in 1983 by visionaries from around the world with a mission to co-create sustainability on a personal, organizational, and planetary level. We’ve always defined sustainability as being ecologically sound, economically viable, socially just and humane, embodying our highest values in terms of how we treat people, animals and the planet.
We are a dynamic, growing, diverse, inclusive and high-impact social enterprise co-creating, catalyzing and scaling an alliance for a healthy, equitable, thriving and kind world of sustainability from an open-hearted center of deep listening, empathy, compassion and collaboration. We are committed to the fulfillment of every person’s fundamental needs and achievement of large, measurable goals through our SHE Kindness Campaign (Sustainability, Health, Equity and Kindness) bringing about personal and organizational transformation, impactful campaign and policy shifts and fundamental systems change.
Commitment to Diversity
The Alliance is committed to having a diverse, inclusive team and an environment that is welcoming, positive, respectful, supportive, empowering, equitable and collaborative. We seek people who will bring their whole selves and broaden our perspectives and culture as we co-create a world of sustainability, health, equity and kindness. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer with an equitable, accessible recruitment process.
· Participate on the Administration Team and assist with implementation and updating of the Administration plan with Board members, interns and professionals, including goals, reports, database, cyber security, etc.
· Assist with financial management, including donations (PayPal, GoFundMe, GiveMN, etc.) and thank yous, grants, checkbook, deposits, accounts payable/receivable, and Quickbooks, as well as working with accountant for timely financial reports and tax filings.
· Assist with completion of fundraising tasks and Annual Report as needed: set up GiveMN account for Give to the Max, update GoFundMe page and add donations to Databank and Google Spreadsheets.
· Assist with research on possible funders and writing grant applications and letters of inquiry, conduct outreach to foundations, and overseeing intern foundation research/work.
· Assist with keeping the Sustainability Partners spreadsheet updated, monitor spreadsheet and Partner benefits to ensure that each partner gets the benefits they are promised, send out Partner thank you letters and digital files of Declaration, Sustainability Poster, etc. as needed.
· Assist with management of information and other systems, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org email accounts, Alliance Google for Nonprofits, Shared Google Drive and other administrative tasks as needed.
· Assist with handling of HR responsibilities, including processing of staff payments through Paypal, helping to recruit, on-board, train and manage new staff, interns and volunteers. Assist with management of contact info for files and website, handle access to Shared Google Drive, and orient about specific projects.
· Assist with SHE Kindness School and Business Programs logistics, training, presentations and outreach, plus tabling and representing and speaking at events.
· Assist with preparation for weekly Zoom staff meetings and monthly meetings for Development, Program, Communications, and Administration Teams, as well as Dream Team and other meetings. Assist with taking notes and post on Alliance Google docs.
· Assist with research, negotiations and purchasing of goods and services for the Alliance
· Commitment to sustainability, health, equity and kindness in personal and professional life
· Experience with or openness to learning Microsoft Office, Google Suite applications, Quickbooks, CRMs like the Databank, Zoom, Wordpress, Slack, social media sites and apps.
· Strong written, verbal, speaking and inter-personal communications skills
· Positive and professional attitude with honesty, integrity, openness, flexibility, responsibility, creativity, interest in personal growth and ability to listen, learn and contribute
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively, problem-solve, learn new skills as needed, and remain highly organized while managing multiple projects
Qualified candidates should submit through Handshake with a cover letter expressing their interest and availability, summarizing their qualifications and specifying their start and end dates, along with a resume to: Terry Gips, President, Alliance for Sustainability Email: email@example.com
There is no deadline.