Clinical Research Data Analyst - Hypertension & Kidney Disease Studies
If you are a Data analyst in a healthcare related field, come join us at PAVIR as the lead analyst in NIH and VA-funded research studies evaluating the application of trials in hypertension and kidney disease in real world settings!
Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) supports the nation's second largest research program conducted among the VA Hospitals and has an exciting career opportunity for a Research Data Analyst to join the growing clinical research program of Dr. Manjula Tamura.
Dr. Tamura is a Professor of Medicine at Stanford University and Director of the VA Palo Alto GRECC. She is seeking a Data Analyst to construct, manage and analyze VA longitudinal healthcare databases and clinical trial datasets to improve the delivery of hypertension and kidney care. It's good to know your hard work is going to make a difference in the lives of Veterans and people with disabilities!
You will work under close direction of the Principal Investigator and be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team of post-doctoral researchers, clinicians, and statisticians.
This a full-time position, located in Palo Alto, CA. We offer a hybrid schedule and work from home flexibility, but you will need to be on-site at the VA hospital in Palo Alto perform some of the duties.
PAVIR is delighted to offer a robust and comprehensive employee benefits package with exceptional offerings such as health, dental and vision insurance, 14 paid holidays, generous vacation and sick pay policies, a 401(k) with a fully vested 6% company match and 3% profit share, a wellness program, commuter benefits, and professional development training. Plus, we pay for life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance.
DATA ANALYSTS MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create analytic cohorts from detailed inclusion/exclusion criteria, creating or working with longitudinal healthcare data;
- Extract complex data from the VA Corporate Data Warehouse and merge data sources using expert skills in SQL;
- Clean data, identify problems with data or coding, and resolve technical problems;
- Develop source documentation and data dictionary for datasets;
- Present numerical information as graphs, charts, tables, written reports for publication, papers and proposals;
- Serve as primary point of contact for data requests and updates.
YOU WILL ALSO BE INVOLVED IN:
- Identifying suitable empirical methodologies for design and analysis of datasets;
- Estimating and interpreting parameters using linear regression, logistic regression, mixed models, survival models, and other modeling approaches;
- Overseeing compliance with data security requirements;
- Participating in meetings and conference calls with research team and collaborators.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience
- Required: At least 1 year of related experience as a data analyst or post-doctoral researcher in a healthcare related field, including experience in programming, manipulating and analyzing large datasets
- Preferred: 2 years or more of experience as a data analyst in a healthcare related field
- Proficiency in SQL and SAS;
- Experience creating data models and visualizations from new or existing data sources;
- Strong and effective communication skills, verbal and written, to communicate with team members and produce high quality documentation;
- Strong programming skills and understanding of statistical computing theory;
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-directed and dependable;
- Familiarity with medical terms.
ABOUT PALO ALTO VETERANS INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH (PAVIR)
PAVIR facilitates research and education activities conducted at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System. At PAVIR we work with more than 160 uniquely talented medical scientists. We recruit and retain talented employees who believe in making a difference in the lives of others through innovative health research.
READY TO JOIN OUR RESEARCH TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Individuals with a Disability are encouraged to apply. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact email@example.com - Human Resources department.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.