Senior Risk Advisor
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Senior Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll play a key role in risk identification and evaluation processes across the company, as well as in the evaluation of mitigation options. You will work as an internal consultant and risk expert to business units and their leaders to risk assess their initiatives, projects, and recommendations to enable consistent risk informed decision making across the company. In addition, you will support the evaluation and standardization of risk management tools used across the company.
This requisition encompasses positions that work across two distinct subgroups of ERM. The Operational Risk Group performs detailed risk assessments of projects and programs, and oversees or advises on risk-based assessments, prioritizations, deployment approaches and models throughout the company. The Core Enterprise Risk Group provides the board and senior management with independent oversight of risks, enables risk owners across the Company to drive effective risk assessment and mitigation plans using a common risk management framework, and maintains standardized intake criteria for topics requiring risk review.
As a Risk Management Senior Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Lead cross organizational effort to include a risk lens in Edison’s decision-making process
- Perform risk assessments on large-scale projects, processes, and compliance requirements to improve SCE’s understanding of risk and to reduce our exposure. This can include assessing risk to Edison’s physical assets in T&D, Generation, Corporate Real Estate, Cyber Security, etc.
- Promote and establish an internal culture of risk quantification and driving data-driven decision making for risk mitigations
- Help cross functional subject matter experts across the company with a wide range of risk assessment, loss control, and operational impact analyses
- Lead risk assessment efforts for decisions that impact employees
- Establish systematic, structured, and mathematical processes to quantify risk and assess mitigation options
- Utilize advanced risk analysis tools such as Fault Tree Analysis, Probabilistic Risk Assessments, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, and Monte Carlo Simulations to evaluate risk. Enable standardization of these tools and develop and maintain training materials supporting such tools
- Operate seamlessly across a wide range of technology and system architecture, providing risk insights and challenges as the company progresses through digital transformation
- Lead internal and external SMEs to establish integrated risk methodologies across the company that coincide and complement the development and achievement of the company’s long-term vision and objectives, especially including those related to planning and decision-making
- Provide strategic guidance and technical support for all risk-related regulatory proceedings (e.g., SMAP), risk-related filings/applications (e.g., RAMP and GRC), and all related workshops, hearings, and discussion
- Support the company's Key Risk process by working to identify and monitor enterprise-level key, secondary, and emerging risks; tracking the development, execution, and regular updating of key mitigation plans; and preparing presentation materials for Senior Management, the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee
- Develop and implementing policies, procedures and systems required for maintaining and enhancing the overall ERM mission
- Combination of 10 years of relevant operational experience in quantitative analysis, cross-functional technical project management for major initiatives, risk management, loss prevention, utility operations, or other experience that includes quantitative/analytical engineering applications (e.g., safety, fire protection, process, and statistics)
- Strong analytical skills, especially in risk assessment
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering, safety, quantitative analysis, or related field of study
- Master’s degree preferred in engineering, quantitative analysis, or specialty fields such as risk management, loss control, or human factors engineering
- Professional Engineer, CSP, RIMS-CRMP, Loss Control, NFPA certifications, or related enterprise risk accreditations. Project Management Professional or similar certification desired
- Seven of more years of experience with the development and leading complex projects or technical programs related to Enterprise Risk Management. Consulting experience relating to risk management and/or development of risk and value framework is preferred but not required
- ERM experience, risk-based financial planning, asset management, risk assessment and/or Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery experience that includes analytical tools and processes
- Experience in utility or related industry risk assessment and mitigation/control development and implementation
- Experience in configuration and use of Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) software platforms such as RSA Archer or equivalent
- Experience in Information Technology/Cybersecurity risk/treat assessment and mitigation/control development and implementation
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Please access our Information Guides, to reference Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles test 8203. Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position
- Relocation may apply
- There are multiple openings for this position
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Apply here: http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6-w7t3H_I_K