Division/Department: Information Technology
Manager: IT Director
MEPUSA is a non-op E&P company and MEMS is an energy trading company located in the Galleria area of Houston, TX. The IT department for MEMS & MEPUSA is seeking an IT Intern for a full-time, paid internship during the 2022 summer. The IT Intern will gain a better understanding of various IT functions and apply their classroom knowledge in the real world.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- The IT Intern will assist the IT department with a wide range of duties such as:
- IT asset management and reconciliation
- Patch management
- IT audit and controls
- IT security review and analysis
- IT contracts and licenses
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned as but not limited to:
- Feasibility studies
- Researching new technologies
- Provide general support to the IT department
- Knowledgeable in personal computer hardware and Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office skills, especially Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, written, and verbal
- Must be interested in pursuing a career in IT in the oil and gas industry
- Must be available for 12 weeks from May 16 – Aug 5.
- Must be actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
MEMS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.