Accounting Intern (Upstream/E&P)
Division/Department : Accounting
Manager : Accounting Manager
MEPUSA, a subsidiary of Mitsui & Co., Ltd., is a company with substantial investments in onshore and offshore oil and gas assets located in the United States. The Accounting department is seeking an Accounting Intern for a full-time, paid internship during the 2022 summer. The Accounting Intern will perform various entry-level activities and projects in support of the Accounting department. This opportunity will provide a real-world practical setting to supplement classroom knowledge of oil and gas accounting functions. Our ideal candidate will be flexible and capable of handling multiple tasks and be interested in pursuing an Accounting career in the oil and gas industry. The successful candidate will be considered for future employment opportunities within the MEPUSA Accounting department.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include:
- Support one or more areas of the Accounting department, including financial reporting, joint interest billing, oil and gas revenue, and other general accounting functions
- Enter transactional data and journal entries into the accounting system
- Perform bank account and GL account reconciliations
- Gather transactional support in response to audit requests from external or internal auditors
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
- Participate in and contribute to the success of a collective team effort
- Be able to work full-time for 12 weeks from May 16 – August 5
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Ability to learn quickly and leverage knowledge towards increasing responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proactive and positive approach to completing duties as assigned
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Actively pursuing a degree in Accounting or Finance as a junior, senior, or graduate student
- Completion of intermediate and/or oil and gas accounting classes is a plus
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
MEMS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.