Independent Living Skills Training (ILST) Trainer
Be a part of a new program with growth potential!!
Qualified and successful applicants will be responsible for assisting, training, and caring for Independent Living Skills Training (ILST) clients.
Hilltop offers GREAT Benefits! Here are a few... Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, Vision, 401K, Free and Supplemental AD&D and Life Insurance, Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, and more!
This position will be scheduled between 30 and 40 hours per week, generally during normal business hours. Schedule may include some weekend and evening hours to meet client needs.
This position has a starting wage of $17 per hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Employee must have regular attendance/punctuality, be able to cooperate with others, and be completely honest. Other assigned duties include:
- Providing person-centered training and assistance in accordance with designated care plan (i.e., self-care, benefit coordination, medication reminders, etc.), within scope of practice.
- Understanding and strictly following all applicable Hilltop Corporate, Home Care, ILST and State and Federal rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Completing required documentation promptly, accurately, and legibly. Turn in to appropriate location timely.
- Providing behavior management as required (i.e., defusing anger).
- Maintaining professional boundaries with all clients enrolled in any Hilltop program or residing at any of Hilltop's facilities, all the while maintaining the dignity, confidentiality, privacy and rights of every client.
- Attending team meetings and in-service trainings as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Per ILST Regulation 8.516.10, ILST trainers must meet one of the following education, experience, or certification requirements:
- Licensed health care professionals with experience in providing functionally based assessments and skills training for individuals with disabilities; or
- Individuals with a Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience working with individuals with disabilities; or
- Individuals with an Associate’s degree in a social service or human relations area and two years of experience working with individuals with disabilities; or
- Individuals currently enrolled in a degree program directly related to but not limited to special education, occupational therapy, therapeutic recreation, and/or teaching with at least 3 years of experience providing services similar to ILST services; or
- Individuals with 4 years direct care experience teaching or working with individuals with a brain injury or other cognitive disability either in a home setting, hospital setting, or rehabilitation setting.
CLEARANCES The following background checks are conducted by Hilltop Community Resources:
- Criminal background
- Colorado Adult Protective Services (CAPS) Background Check
- Driving Record
- Sex Offender Registry
- Workers Compensation Background Check
- Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) Exclusion List
EMPLOYEE HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
- Tuberculosis (Tb) Skin Test
- Influenza Vaccination