Luke's Wings Internship
GENERAL FALL INTERNSHIP
About Luke’s Wings:
Luke’s Wings is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to the support of wounded, ill and injured service members and their loved ones by providing them with the means to visit during recovery and rehabilitation through the gift of complimentary airfare.
Luke’s Wings is seeking an Intern for the fall term available to work a minimum of 14 hours per week or 2 to 3 days per week. Students will gain first-hand experience with non-profit fundraising, including, but not limited to, individual donors, grants, and database management, event management and logistics, strategic planning, etc. The position is unpaid, but may be available for course credit. The internship will provide professional experience for undergraduate and graduate students considering a career in fundraising, development, data management, marketing, or non-profit organizations. The intern’s essential duties will support the Luke’s Wings team in all aspects and assist with planning of our annual fall fundraising event, “Heroes Walk to Fly”, and our annual Christmas campaign.
Key Projects and Responsibilities:
- Improve writing and communication skills
- Vet companies and organizations that would be a beneficial to partner to the organization
- Assist with all facets of event planning for annual fundraisers
- Learn about interactions with fundraisers and participation in their strategy sessions
- Learn the basic principles around preparing a letter of inquiry and grant proposal submissions
- Solicitation of auction items for live and silent auctions via e-mail and phone.
- Research and create marketing strategies to implement on social platforms.
- Learn basic research and prospecting skills; research topics may have a wide range, and can be adjusted based upon interest
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and learn openly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in non-profit work
- Available to work on a committed weekly schedule during 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. office hours
NOTE: Luke’s Wings is currently accepting applicants for remote work due to Covid-19.