Software Development Engineer Summer Intern
Want to work with the best and brightest in a company that takes on challenges Never Been Done Before? Emerson Process Systems and Solutions business develops automation software to streamline manufacturing processes. We are looking for students who are interested in gaining real-world experience in this dynamic environment.
As a team member, you’ll share in the satisfaction of delivering industry-leading products and solutions that help provide our customers with safer, more environmentally efficient manufacturing processes. We’ve revolutionized the control industry by extending digital information technologies to the plant floor of process manufacturers, including oil and gas, refining, chemical, life sciences, and alternative energy companies.
The SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER SUMMER INTERN will work with senior Emerson Technology team mentors and industry experts to:
- Implement internal tools, prototypes of new functionality, or other projects related to Emerson product development
- Design, code development, unit and integration testing
- Design and develop state of the art software engineering tools for configuring the flagship process control product DeltaV.
- This position is located in Austin, TX
- Relocation benefits are not available for this position
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university entering either the junior, senior, or graduate year
- Pursing Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Experience and interest in programming, including C++, C#, Java, Python, Linux, HTML, CSS, PHP/SQL, Visual Studio
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this position
- Previous internship experience a plus
- Courses in and experience with software design and object oriented design
- Demonstrated leadership skills (served in leadership role in student organization).
Additional skills proven to be successful in this position
- Innovative approach to problems
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Housing Stipend
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Paid Holidays
- On-site Gym and Basketball Court
- Immediate Eligibility for 401(k)