User Experience Design Summer Intern
Want to work with the best and brightest in a company that takes on challenges Never Been Done Before?
The Emerson Process Systems and Solutions business develops easy and flexible modern automation systems that help our customers tackle their toughest challenges. We are looking for students who are interested in gaining real-world design experience by helping us to conquer these challenges.
As a member of our team, you’ll share in the satisfaction of delivering industry-leading products and solutions that help us provide our customers with safer, more environmentally efficient manufacturing processes. We’ve revolutionized the control industry by extending digital information technologies to the plant floor of process manufacturers, including oil and gas, refining, chemical, life sciences, and alternative energy companies.
- Collaborating with our agile development teams to create compelling designs for new product features which may include:
- Conducting user research
- Participating in design workshops
- Ideating on possible design approaches
- Creating wireframes and/or prototyping designs
- Validating designs deliver desired outcomes
- Conducting usability evaluations and providing recommendations on how to improve our designs
- Helping to extend and maintain our design system
- Assisting other user experience designers
·Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university entering either the junior, senior, or graduate year.
·Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Design, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
·Minimum 3.0 GPA
·Courses in design, user experience, human centered design, or human factors
Legal authorization to work in the United States
·Experience and interest in user research, design thinking, product design, prototyping, usability testing, or related design pursuits
·Demonstrated leadership skills, e.g. served in leadership role in student organization
·Previous internship experience a plus
Additional skills proven to be successful in this position
·Innovative approach to problem solving
·Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
·Keen attention to detail