Product Owner Summer Intern
Want to work with the best and brightest in a company that takes on challenges Never Been Done Before?
The Emerson Process Systems and Solutions business develops easy and flexible modern automation systems that help our customers tackle their toughest challenges. We are looking for students who are interested in gaining real-world design experience by helping us to conquer these challenges.
As a member of our team, you’ll share in the satisfaction of delivering industry-leading products and solutions that help us provide our customers with safer, more environmentally efficient manufacturing processes. We’ve revolutionized the control industry by extending digital information technologies to the plant floor of process manufacturers, including oil and gas, refining, chemical, life sciences, and alternative energy companies.
· Collaborating with the product owners of our 10+ Scrum teams to improve their efficiency and effectiveness
· Facilitating our Product Owner / Product Management Community of Practice events
· Helping to complete actions resulting from Community of Practice events
· Research product ownership best practices and champion their adoption
· Assisting product owners with their daily responsibilities
·Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university entering either the junior, senior, or graduate year.
·Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Design, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
·Minimum 3.0 GPA
Legal authorization to work in the United States
·Experience and interest in agile development methodologies, ideally Scrum and SAFe
·Demonstrated leadership skills, e.g. served in leadership role in student organization
·Previous internship experience a plus
Additional skills proven to be successful in this position
·Innovative approach to problem solving
·Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
·Keen attention to detail